--> -->

5.05.2010

Cinco de Mayo.

Cinco de Mayo is just another excuse to eat Mexican food!  At least that's my reasoning;)  Jamie loves Mexican food as do I, but I try not to eat it too often because there's really nothing healthy about it.  If you drink a margarita then you might as well add another meal (in calories).  Although they taste good, they can be as much as 600 calories a drink!  That's a little much for me.  I'm not really a big margarita fan anyway, but I'll have one on occasion.  However it has to be made very specifically...minus lots of calories.  Jamie makes me his version of a Skinny Girl margarita.  It's more like a maragatini than an original margarita. Here's the recipe if you'd like to try it out.

Skinny Girl Margarita

Tools you will need:
-cocktail shaker
- 2 oz jigger
-juice squeezer

Ingredients:
2 oz of Centenario Reposado (any tequila will do as long as it is Reposado)
1 oz Grand Marnier
juice of 1 lime
1 packet of Splenda
splash of OJ (you can choose the low cal kind if you'd like)
splash of diet Sprite
handful of ice

Chill your glass with ice and water.  Mix all ingredients in shaker.  Shake well.  Pour ice and water out of chilled glass.  Strain the drink from shaker into chilled glass.  Enjoy!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

image from Tomkat


No comments:

Post a Comment