--> -->

6.04.2010

Summer to-do list

I thought I would end the week with my summer to-do list.  I have been thinking about all the things I would love to have done by the end of the summer, and they are...
  • Finally clean out the garage.  This has been nagging me and Jamie since we have moved into our house.  It has been used as a storage/junk room for too long.  We are ready to tackle it!  This leads to the next item on my list...
  • Have a garage sale.  Everything must go!
  • Start and finish 3 books.  Any 3 books.  Now that I can download books to my Ipad, there is no excuse.
  • Get bikes.  I can't wait to ride our bikes around the neighborhood.  Helmuts and all.
  • Summer vacay.  We are heading to Florida in a couple of weeks with my family.  Hopefully the oil won't be there {stop the spill!}, but we will definitely make the best of it no matter what.
  • Movie under the stars.  I have always wanted to watch a movie under the moonlight sitting on a lawn and this year, they are putting one on in Graywood.  Doesn't get much better than a drive-in movie from your golf cart with family and friends!
  • Host a jewelry party.
  • Lay out by the pool all by myself with only my headphones and a magazine.  This one might not actually happen, but it's still on my list!
  • Get involoved in a sport.  I love to walk, but I'm really wanting to play tennis or take a beginners yoga class {very, very, very beginners}.
  • Sort through Grayson's toys and closet and organize everything.  At this point, our house looks like a daycare.  
  • Mommy-and-Me dance classes.  This one I am most excited about!  I have already signed me and Gray up for ballet/tap classes offered this summer.  It should be interesting to say the least, but I can't wait to see my little man dance around.  I don't have to worry that he won't dance because he will.  He will be all over the place, which will be great exercise for mommy.  
  • Go the movies in the middle of the day to see a sappy, girly, romantic movie even if I have to go all by myself.  Okay, this one probably won't happen either, but a girl can dream, right?
  • Take the kids to the zoo. 
  • Have a picnic with the family on the golf course.  Before babies, Jamie and I would go out on the golf course overlooking the water as the sun set, and have a picnic.  It has been too long!
  • See a few outdoor concerts.  When I think of summer, I think of outdoor concerts.  There is nothing better.  Through a dear friend, we got tickets to see Jack Johnson {one of our favs} in Houston in August.  Can.Not.Wait.
  • Have family portraits taken.  
  • Figure out a way to travel with Grayson since he has recently learned to climb out of his pack-and-play.  
  • Build a "mini" garden.  Since we don't really have the room for a large garden, we plan on building small boxes and planting a few vegetables.  This is very exciting for me because I do not know how to grow anything.  Anything.
So there you have it.  It should be a very exciting summer for our family.  And last, but not least, a few photos.

This boy has a car in his hands at all times.  The first thing he does in the mornings when I get him out of his crib is look for his cars.  The second, is look for Brees {or Bees as Gray would say}.




Brees by his side.


On a slightly different note...

I would also like to share photos from Alex's superhero birthday party.  It turned out great!  I'm a little late {since the party was in May}, but it is well worth sharing.  He especially l.o.v.e.d. his cake!



Have a great weekend!  We are headed to Bella and Papa Asa's for the weekend.  The grandkids always get so spoiled there so I should have lots to post about!

2 comments:

  1. 1. my son ALWAYS has a car in his hand, too. this does not go away, only gets more intense. 2. wish i lived near you, i would take your family photos for you! 3.LOVE the birthday party! very cool and creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative! I love your to do list and now need to work on one for myself!

    Reading is huge for me and I've recently been addicted to it! Here are some books you should really check out...easy and interesting reads:

    Nora Robert's has a bridal quartet she is working on...it's four books but they are awesome and you will love them! They follow four women that started a wedding business. The first one is Vision in White. Seriously good!

    Lisa See's books Snow Flower and the Secret Fan and Shanghai Girls...both awesome!

    The Crowning Glory of Calla Lilly Ponder (author escapes me but she is from Central Louisiana) SUCH A GOOD ONE!

    If I think of anymore I'll shoot them your way!

    ReplyDelete