--> -->

2.13.2011

Inspiration: Big Boy Room

I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.  We've been super busy around here painting, sanding, putting together rooms, and doing some last minute shopping for the baby who will be here in just 3 days!  It's been lots of fun and I'll have to catch you up, but for now we're going to talk boy bedrooms...

I've been looking forward to making a big boy room for the boys for over a year now.  There's just something so special about transforming a nursery that is generally decorated to your taste to a little boy's room filled with things that he loves and fit his personality.  Grayson's first word was "puppy" and it was definitely his first love.  He spotted doggies everywhere!  I knew I wanted to incorporate dog accents into the room because, after all, they are a boy's best friend.

We also wanted the room to have a Seaside feel to it, with calming colors and natural textures.  I searched for boy's bedrooms that were not your typical Pottery-Barn-Kids-type-of-room.  As I've said before, I really don't like themes, and instead like to use accents to make the room feel more boyish.  

Here are a few pictures that inspired us.  

I love this room.  The textures, the colors, the calm feeling.  It definitely has a beachy feel.

I love the grayish-blue tones with yellow.  A little touch of modern. 

I think that awesome bed is what draws me to this room.  I love the idea of a daybed.


I'm so pleased with how the room is turning out.  It has been the most challenging room in the house to design.  After going back and forth and being on a time crunch, we decided to go with Serena and Lily's George duvet cover and pillows.  The room was designed around the bed and bedding.  I think it's perfect because it's something that is masculine, without being too themey.  It'll definitely grow with the boys.

{the bed was the first purchase}

{the fabrics and paint swatches}

{an ugly green dresser getting a new, very blue coat of paint}

More pics to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment