--> -->

2.03.2010

February goals.


Is it February already?  I have to say I'm glad January is over.  It can be a little depressing and stressful getting back into the swing of things after the holidays.  Unpacking, taking down decorations, and putting away gifts can be overwhelming.  So bring it February!

Instead of making New Year's resolutions, I am going to make monthly goals this year.  I never seem to accomplish my "resolutions" so I think if I make short term goals, I'll actually meet them.  If you know me, then you know I make lists for absolutely everything.  I have several notebooks that serve different purposes for my different lists (some call it OCD, but whatever!).  Just recently, I found a family organizer that is just perfect for planning just about anything for your family, from meals to appointments to notes for a babysitter.  Since we always have things going on in my family, I bought it to help keep things straight.  Then my crafty mama covered it with some pretty paper for me.  Thanks Bella.  Now I have no reason not to complete my goals for February, which include:
  • Cook more and eat out less...luckily, I have an awesome husband who is a great cook or else we'd be eating out for every meal.  Guess my mom didn't pass me down the cooking gene!
  • Organize my closet (a huge task that I've been putting off for a while; I'd be embarrassed if anyone saw it!).
  • Clean out the hall closet, label the items, and put it all in storage baskets.
  • Organize Grayson's closet and put away/donate toys and clothes he no longer plays uses.
  • Practice using my new camera and shoot some good shots or at least try.
  • Make Valentine treats and gifts for Grayson's friends.
  • Send out Valentine cards.
  • Take Gray for more walks around Graywood (when it warms up a little bit).
  • Play golf with my husband...it's been too long!
So I think that's a good start for this month.  And let's not forget about Mardi Gras, too!  Man, the Super Bowl, Valentine's Day, and Mardi Gras all in one month!  Going to be pretty exciting and I'll have lots to post about.  Hope you had a great hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment