--> -->

11.24.2010

A few things before Thanksgiving.

My new Christmas cd.
I am loving this new album my hubby got for me.  I have quite the collection of Christmas music, but this is not your run-of-the-mill Christmas cd.  It's very bluesy, jazzy, and straight out of New Orleans.  I promise you will thank me if you get this cd.

Our Christmas tree.
We put our tree up this week with a little help from G-man.  Ok, so he decorated it with his cars {really, he was sticking them in the tree}.  We went with silver and green and added the disco balls this year.  I am obsessing over them.  They are so shiny and sparkly and lovely.

{the boys after working really hard}

{O Christmas tree}

{disco balls}


Our thankful tree.

We finally made our thankful tree today.  I used a flower pot that I already had on hand.  It happened to be a chalkboard pot that you can write on, which was perfect for what I needed.  I used a leaf template to cut out some leaves, yarn for the string, and rice in the flower pot to hold the branch.  Thanks to daddy and Gray for the branch.  They had to fight off a ton of mosquitos just to pick this special branch.  I love the how the tree turned out and I can't wait to do it again next year.


Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Bars.
As I mentioned earlier, we are having Thanksgiving dinner with my in-laws.  I am so excited about having a cajun Thanksgiving.  I certainly don't want to show up empty-handed, so when I saw this recipe here, I knew it would be a perfect dish to bring the hostess.  How delish does this look?
 

Here's what you'll need:

I don't think I could go wrong with these.  Let's just hope they turn out this pretty!  Check out Hostess blog for the entire recipe.

That about covers it for this wonderful Thanksgiving week.  I am so excited about about being with our families these next few days.  We have so much to be thankful for.  I wish each of you a very Happy Thanksgiving...eat lots of turkey and pumpkin pie!

3 comments:

  1. Your tree is gorgeous! I can't wait to put mine up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving all of this! your c-mas tree is so pretty and i love the thankful tree. I'm going to have to do that next year.

    ReplyDelete