--> -->

5.16.2012

Get your paint on!

Today, I was feeling a little crafty.  The kids and I haven't been out of the house much in the past few days, so I decided to find something to do.  When I saw these inspiring photos from here and here, I pulled out my watercolor paints and started to play! 

Since summer is nearing, I chose several soothing shades {say that 3 times} of blue.  These colors remind me of our favorite place...

Seaside, FL

Pretty, huh?

So, this is what the first painting looked like after a few simple strokes...


I practiced some more, and ended up with this one that I loved.  I put it in this simple white frame, which I think totally makes the colors pop.  I am so digging watercolor prints right now!



This project was super easy and super fun.  Grayson had a blast painting with me while Sloaney napped.  I plan on changing the frame out with different paintings that coordinate with holidays/seasons.  Fun, right?

Happy Hump Day!

5 comments:

  1. that is beautiful! i smell an etsy shop coming....!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Lili, this is the easiest thing I have ever done...I by no means have a knack for art, but it's fun to play!:) Thanks for the complement!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you started blogging again! You're so beautiful, as is your family. :) And, I LOVE, love, love Seaside. Love the watercolor. blessings, cat (www.catdmoore.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat, I have missed you! You and your blog are always such an inspiration! Thanks for sticking around and being my blog friend! I hope one day we can meet...in Seaside, perhaps? HA! :)

      Delete