--> -->

6.27.2012

What I Wore Wednesday

I wouldn't call myself the most fashionable person out there, but I sure like to try.  I love wearing basics during the week.  Things like skirts, maxi dresses, tanks, and shorts.  Then I like to dress things up or down with jewelry and accessories.  

By now you have probably seen a lot of "what I wore" posts in the blog world.  I actually enjoy looking at what other women wear, especially since I feel like we are somewhat friends even if we have never met.  It also gives me ideas of what I like, where to buy from, and the bargains out there!  I am all about mixing high end and low end pieces together.  Lately, I am into bargain shopping and finding good deals {probably because we don't have a lot of shopping around here}, but that doesn't mean that I won't splurge on something.  I love bags/purses.  If you know me, then you know I can never have too many bags.  I like to invest in purses because I get a lot of use out of them.  Plus, I just love Louis Vuitton!

Anyway, I thought I would share my outfit today because it all came from Target.  Don't we all love Target?  Yesterday, while stocking up on things for the trip {and other things I don't need}, I came across an adorable maxi skirt that came in several colors.  I chose the indigo blue one, but all they had was an XS and a bunch of size L.  Of course, right?  So, I snatched the XS thinking I would probably be returning it.  And since I had Sloan with me, I wasn't about to try anything on in the store:)  I also grabbed a plain, white tank, which is a summer staple.  Goes with everything!

So, here is what it looked like all pulled together.
I must add...I feel totally weird taking pictures of myself in the mirror!  Do you smile, not smile?  Look at the camera, or in the mirror?  Awkward.  After about 50 takes, I finally chose one.  You can't see the details of the skirt, but it fits like a glove.  I'm actually glad they didn't have a size small.  

I ran a bunch of errands today, and this outfit was perfect because it was comfortable and great for the hot weather.  I pulled my hair up in a relaxed half-ponytail-thingy and threw on some of my favorite pieces of jewelry.


I have a slight obsession with lipstick.  I love trying darker and brighter shades than my go-to nude color I typically wear.  While picking up some make-up today from the Mac counter, I spotted this lip color that I thought looked delicious.  Viva Glam Nicki is the perfect shade of bright pink and is totally wearable.  It can be worn day or night, and is matte so you can always add a little shine if desired.  A little goes a long way with this color!  


My favorite nail polish brand is Essie.  I love their collection of colors.  Turquoise and Caicos came out last year and has been a favorite of mine this summer.  Since I wear a lot of coral, white, and aqua, there's not much that doesn't go with it.  I get so many complements on this color, believe it or not.  It's fun to wear color on my nails.  Sort of reminds me of being a little girl again.  And this one is perfect for the beach!

There you have it.  My first and rather lengthy "what I wore" post.  

Hope this encourages you to add a pop of color into your wardrobe with simple accessories and make-up.  Also, remember that it's ok to mix high and low pieces.  For example, my necklace cost more than my whole outfit...and I love that!

Sources:
Top-Target
Skirt-Target
Coral necklace-Stella and Dot
Earrings-Stella and Dot
Fuchsia bangle-Stella and Dot
Aqua bangle-Dillards
Rose gold watch-Michael Kors

1 comment:

  1. You are soooo gorgeous!!!! LOVE the color of your skirt! And your watch.... omgggg!!! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete