--> -->

7.25.2012

DIYs I'd Like to Try

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  I don't really consider myself a DIY-er, but sometimes I find projects that I feel I can actually tackle, and that makes me excited!  Since I do love decorate, these are a few things I would love to create for our home.

I love this idea to hang necklaces.  I bought some pretty hooks that are very similar from Hobby Lobby 50% off and this is something I would love to recreate.

I have been wanting to paint a chevron rug, and I have just the perfect rug in mind for our kitchen.  These colors are perfection.

The possibilities for this custom, wooden monogram are endless...you could use it for the front door, a nursery or child's room, or even a party!  I will have one of these.

How great is this idea?  Cookboard to hang jewelry.  Pretty and functional!

There's just something about this that I really like.

I LOVE this idea.  The lyrics to the first dance at your wedding as art.  This is actually for sale on etsy, but you could totally turn this into a DIY.  I dying for something like this for our bedroom.

I'm seriously loving this little nook.  I bought a frame from Hobby Lobby that would be perfect for this project.

This is such a neat idea if you are planning a trip this summer.  Fill a jar with sand and seashells from your vacation, and fill it with photos.  An adorable keepsake that can be taken home and used as decoration.

I am loving these painted wooden spoons.  These take cooking to a whole new level {so easy and inexpensive, too!}.

Remember the anniversary pillow my mother made for me {seen here}? 
Well, I needed another one for my set of chairs.  When I saw this monogram pillow from Keely Throne Events, I knew it would be so cute next to the anniversary pillow.  My mom sent a pic of the final product and it's adorbs!  Can't wait to share it with you!

Happy Hump Day! Hope you are inspired to create!

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I don't consider myself much of a DIY'er either, but i'm totally with you. I think I could manage most of them except the monogramed art. That one does look a bit beyond me. :) LOVE the knobs idea though! I've really been needing a place to hang my hats, and that would not only work perfect but look great too!

    great collection!

    -Heather from lifeofapasseri.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want that Jewelry holder/Pin board at my house! Wonder where I might find one? Any tips?

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete