--> -->

7.19.2012

Our Bedroom Tour

If you have seen my Bedrooms board on Pinterest, then you can tell I am in love with neutral, serene, and romantic bedrooms with a little bit of glam.  And yes, I love an upholstered headboard...can you tell?

Here are a few of my favorites:



Sigh.  Gorgeous, right?

A few years back, we decided to redo our bedroom.  The walls were a dark brown, which I loved, but we were ready for a change.  While our house is still a work in progress, I am loving our bedroom so far.  It has become a place where we, as well as our kids, love to be.  It is exactly the look and feel that I was going for.  The all white bedding has a beachy feel, while the dark charcoal gray color adds a bit of glam.  Not to mention my favorite part of the room...our mirrored side tables.  It sort of feels like a hotel room {only without the cleaning or room service}.  Boy, would that be nice:)  

So, here goes...

Our headboard was custom made in white linen.  It was extended taller than what it was supposed to be, which I love.  My favorite accent are the nail heads along the sides.


The two windows let in a lot of natural light.  Notice the ceiling.  We painted it a darker shade of gray, and I couldn't love it more.  A pretty crystal chandy would look fabulous in here.  Maybe one day!

This oversized round chair is perfect for movie-watching!  It's large enough for the whole family.  White may not have been the best decision with the kids, but so far no major accidents;)

{the hubby's side}
The crystal candlesticks are a special accent since they were a wedding gift.

{my side}
A few of my favorite books, shell, frame, and pink flowers make a pretty, feminine table setting.  Oh, and not to forget the baby monitor which I realized I didn't take out of the picture before taking it:)

A few other accents in the room.


I did not show you the not-so-pretty parts of the room.  The tv, the mini crib that hasn't been used in months, the diaper pail, the kids chairs, you get the idea.  But those are the sweet things in life.  Not all the things.  

I also plan to add framed photos on the wall as well as some art.  I have convinced the hubs that he will be painting me something.
I also really love this idea.

and this...


Well, there you have it.

Here are a few sources:
bed-ordered through W Home Furnishings {now closed}
side tables-W Home Furnishings
bedding-Bella Notte 
lamps-W Home Furnishings
silk drapes-W Home Furnishings
white sofa-W Home Furnishings
wall mirror-Ikea
mirrors on each side of bed-Lowe's 

As they say, this is where all the magic happens!  I hope you enjoyed the tour of our little sanctuary.  There's still lots to be done, so I will keep you posted along the way.

Is it really Thursday already?!  Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment