--> -->

11.09.2012

A Few of My Favorite Things

I have to start off by saying that my husband totally spoiled me on my birthday weekend in Nola.  I'm a lucky girl.
I have been drooling over the Calista riding boot by Tori Burch ever since I saw them!  I finally got to try them on at Saks in New Orleans, but of course, they didn't have my size.  So, we ordered them from the store and had them shipped to our house.  They came in yesterday and were flippin' gorgeous...but they were the wrong size.  Bummer!  They were a half size up from what I had asked for so they are definitely too big.  Nonetheless, they are a fabulous shoe!  I can't wait to get the right size.
So sleek and sophisiticated!  I almost don't want to wear them in fear of messing them up.

Pillow talk.
Let's talk pillows.  I have these two linen chairs that are gorgeous, but have always lacked that perfect pillow.  I saw these on Land of Nod, believe it or not!  There is nothing kiddish about them, so I ordered 2 of these in hopes they would look awesome on our chairs.  They came in today and I am head over heals in love with them!  Seriously...sequins, ombre, scallops...what's not to love?!
There are perfect for the holidays.

Speaking of things that sparkle, I've been seeing these wire lights everywhere.  They are so magical, I have to get my hands on some.  I literally want to put them up all over my house and leave them up year round.  The possibilities are endless.

I just about died when I saw these precious pig bookends from CB2.  I love that they are gold and the pig is just whimsical.  Right up my ally!  And at just $29.95, I think it's a steal.
These would really work in any room of the house, but I thought it would be rather funny if they went in our kitchen.  So, here they are.
And yes, I picked out specific cookbooks that were in the realm of all things "pork."
It makes me happy when I see it...even though I am not the cook in the family:)

Last but not least, I ordered these paper placemats from Layla Grayce, although I have seen several other sites that carry them.  As you can see from all the above, I am kind of obsessed with gold, so I chose the gold confetti and chevron placemats.  I love that they are pretty, but it doesn't matter if they get dirty because you can just toss them in the trash.  Perfect for dinner parties and an upcoming Stella and Dot party I'm hosting...so fun and festive!

Well, that's it for today!  Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment