--> -->

11.08.2012

Happyween and Nola Weekend

I hope you all had a Happy Halloween, or as Gray called it..."Happyween."

We had a blast trick-or-treating and getting the kids "dolled" up {literally!}.  

My Max was complete with his own sail boat...I mean, if you're going to be the king of the wild things, you have to do it up big!  And king he was!  This boy is the youngest in our "group" and yet, he is the toughest and can keep up with all the big boys.  It's a trip to watch!

Here is one of the few pics I have of Raggedy Ann.  I had her costume made by a lady, and then I realized I didn't have the red yarn wig to boot.  So, my mom came to the rescue!  I think she was a little nervous about this task, but she did an amazing job, and it completely made her costume.  Thanks, Bella!  Needless to say, it stayed off pretty much the entire evening.  I was even going to trim it and make it look more doll-like, but she wasn't having it:)

The day after Halloween was my birthday {28th to be exact}.  It was lovely and low key.  I had lunch with a couple of my girlfriends and spent the rest of the evening with the family.  My husband even got me a pretty, ombre pink, ruffle cake, just like I had asked for.  

The next day, Jamie and I left for New Orleans {without the kids}.  Our babysitter and my might-as-well-be SIL were a huge help in taking care of the kids for the weekend.  

Friday night, we attended the Boudin and Beer fest.  It was even better than I expected...they had vendors from all over Nola with lots of food and drinks.  They even had a cajun band for entertainment.  We also got to see Emeril Lagasse and John Besh, a local favorite.  It was definitely something I could go back to again one year!



The rest of the weekend was spent soaking up New Orleans and eating LOTS of food!  So many amazing choices, it's always a tough decision.  We also did a little shopping and I got some birthday goodies.  I will share with you soon!

Hope you are having a great week after all the election drama.  I don't particularly like to discuss politics on my blog.  It's not that I'm a private person by any means...I'll tell it to you like it is.  But rather, I don't want to ever offend anyone by my own personal beliefs, so I'll just keep them to myself.  Whether who you voted for won/didn't win, it's important to remember that we, as Ameicans are all in this together.  Something I've been hearing a lot this past week really resinated with me...

 Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Especially the "No matter who is president, Jesus is King" I couldn't agree more!!!

    ReplyDelete