--> -->

11.11.2010

Thankful Tree

I love tradition.  Actually, love really isn't even a strong enough word.  I mean I really, really love tradition.  And when it comes to holiday traditions, I get super excited.  Now that I have children, it's very important to me to create traditions with them they can grow to remember and cherish.

Thanksgiving can really be overlooked as to why it's a holiday in the first place.  When I think of Thanksgiving, the first thing that pops in my head is turkey and overeating!  Then family and being thankful for what God has blessed me with.  I think a thankful tree is a great way to remind children what they are thankful for.
  
{from 71 Toes}
If you haven't seen her blog, then you should really check it out.  Shawni is a very inspirational mother to her 5 children!  She deserves Mother of the Year award {if they have such a thing}!

This tree from Moxie Fab World is so creative and uses real tree twigs.

This turkey from Parents is the same idea.  Precious!

You can make it as simple or detailed as you like.  Just have fun and get creative with it!  I can't wait to share our thankful tree with you!

1 comment: