--> -->

1.20.2011

Nursery Inspiration Board

Don't you just love inspiration boards?  Inspiration can come from literally anywhere.  So, when I found out I was having a girl, I was so excited to be able to create a room for her, but I didn't know where to start.  That's when I started looking for inspiration.

I'm more on the traditional side when it comes to nursery colors, so I knew I wanted to use a very soft, girly pink.  I also knew I wanted it to be feminine, but not cutesy.  I'm all about flowing every room in the house, even if it is your child's room.  Since our house is very neutral, a hot pink room just wouldn't do.

I was at a loss about what I wanted the room to look like until I saw this picture...


This nursery from D Home magazine is so heavenly, I couldn't stop looking at it.  It's so dreamy and just what I was looking for.  It's also not your typical baby nursery, which I love.  It's very sweet, soft, and a little glamorous.  Perfect for a baby girl.  I love the modern touches of the lighting, crib, and shag rug mixed with the more traditional touches like the silk fabrics, bows, and Venetian mirror.

Once I had my inspiration, the planning began.

Pinks, whites, a little bling, and other pretty, frilly, girly things.  I think it will be fit for my little princess.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I think your ideas for her room are perfect!
    I am all about my childrens' rooms being classy yet still age appropriate. I cannot wait to see all the glamour and flair in the finished product!! ;) her room wil be just precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the nursery, Colleen! Sloan will be showered in glamour and beauty always.

    xxoo, jenn

    ReplyDelete