--> -->

6.15.2012

Flashback Friday

I just love Flashback Fridays!  Since we will be traveling to Florida in just a few short weeks, I have been reminiscing a lot {from when I was a child and now as a mommy}.

It dawned on me that I never shared a special moment we had two summers ago.  Hard to believe it has already been two years.  So much has happened in so little time.  Time flies when you're having fun:)

So, rewind with me a couple of years...Jamie and I were so excited to find out we were expecting another baby!  And since no one had a clue, we wanted the great news to be a complete surprise to our families.  After discussing the many ways to "break" the news, we decided to tell my parents on our annual summer vacay in Florida.  Perfect time, perfect place.

I can't tell you how incredibly hard it was to keep this news a secret...especially for an entire month.  Immediately, we began thinking of specials ways to surprise them.  I came up with the idea of ordering a custom fortune cookie with a fortune telling the news.  I had it all planned to a T.  

The night finally came.  For whatever reason, I was a nervous wreck.  I was shaky and scared that it wouldn't go as planned.  We all sat down for dinner at Poppy's in San Destin after a long wait.  


We waited...
and waited...

and waited some more...

until the time was just right.
Then we presented my parents with a box...
with a giant fortune cookie in it.

The are looking a little scared in this pic...

And now the big surprise!  I just love this picture because I caught her true face.  Priceless.

It read "We are expecting a baby in our near future.  Lucky numbers: 2-20-2011"
That was my due date.  Cute, right?

{Proud Papa}

And to think...Gray had no idea how his life was about to change;)



What a great night.

Lots of tears, lots of laughter, lots of pure joy.

Little did we know we would have a sweet, precious baby girl just months later.

Hope you are all having a wonderful summer!

2 comments:

  1. That was such a complete but wonderful surprise! We didn't have a clue what the night would hold for us. Beautiful memory.

    ReplyDelete