--> -->

10.30.2012

Halloween Party and a Fall Door Makeover

We had our 3rd annual Halloween party this past weekend, and it was a blast.  We decorated all week long.  By the end of the week, we were all beyond exhausted.

Usually, I have my costume decided on months in advance, but this year I had no idea what to be.  That is, until Michal asked me to dress up as Sugar skull {also known as "Day of the Dead"} with her.  I had to do some research, but it wasn't long before I was sold.  I thought it was such a unique and fun idea!  

Here was our inspiration:


We loved how these were a pretty and more feminine take on the traditional sugar skull.

So, we gather our costumes and ended up gluing lots of faux roses to our tutus.  But the real challenge was the make-up, which made the costume!  I had a very talented friend come over and do our make-up, and I have to say...she did better than I could have imagined!  I mean, seriously talented!

Here's what we looked like:
Pretty amazing, right?!

We got tons of complements and I actually felt pretty with all that make-up on!

A few of my favorite gals:)

And let's not forget the boys...Jamie as Ryan Lochte and my brother as Prince Harry {hence the British flag and natural red hair!}.  There were also lots of wolves, dirty Mexicans, peacocks, and even a Cousin Eddie...but I'll just leave those to your imagination!

So, onto pictures of the actual party and decor...
The living room area.
We had the party at some dear friends' that live right down the road.  Their house is already amazing and made the perfect backdrop for a Halloween party.

These photos were taken during the day, so just imagine what it looked like at night!

The kitchen is the most fabulous room in the house!  It was the main attraction at the party, complete with a disco ball and jukebox.  The perfect dance floor!

I don't think we skipped out on one detail, and it was so worth it.  I'm sort of glad it's over, but our party is always a hit.

I also wanted to share my new fall door makeover, just in time for Halloween!  A few weeks back, I entered in a contest for a door makeover on Facebook, and ended up winning!  I was shocked because I never win anything like this.  I was especially excited because I wasn't sure what I was going to do with my door, and the time was moving quickly!  I love Halloween decor, but the only problem is that it doesn't last through Thanksgiving.  So, after my consultation, we decided on doing more of a neutral, whimsical, and rustic look that would last through fall, Christmas, and winter.  Details Design did a fabulous job, and it turned out to be the same colors I use for Christmas.  I'm totally pumped about it!  My absolute favorite detail are the owls!  I can't get enough go them.  I'll definitely be getting some more for my tree this year.

Ok, enough talk.  Here are the pictures...
Gorgeous!

Look at all the details!

I also got my hair done today.  That's right, ombre!  I will share pics soon.  Tomorrow is Halloween, my birthday is Thursday, and then we leave for Nola on Friday!  Whew, I can't wait for things to slow down a bit.  It's been fun, but it's been exhausting.  I'm ready for cozy nights on the couch by the fire.  

I must also say that prayers are with you on the east coast after the devastation of Hurricane Sandy!  We all know down south how bad a hurricane is...may God bless you all!
XOXO

3 comments:

  1. OMG you look gorgeous!!!!
    And what an amazing home, they had so many fun details. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the party, Colleen! I live all the details, and your door is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete