--> -->

10.02.2012

I'm Still Here

Hello, friends!  The saying is true..."time flies when you're having fun!"

That's just what we've been doing.  We have kicked off Fall with a bang!  Seriously, how about this weather?  We have finally caught a break here in Louisiana.  I love the crisp, cool air.  It's almost boot weather!

I'll fill you in on a bit of what's been up...

1. Grayson started preschool!  He actually loves it!  Three days a week for a few hours, Gray attends St. Luke Simpson.  We were on the waiting list, so it was a pleasant surprise when we got the phone call that he got in!  I wasn't prepared...he didn't even have a backpack.  PBK to the rescue!  When asked what kind of backpack he wanted, it was Batman all the way.  So, I ordered this one and had his name monogrammed. 

Handsome, right?  Luckily, I took some pics with my iPhone {please excuse the ugly porch in the back...needs some TLC!} because the ones from my camera were somehow lost on the computer.  Bummer!  He was such a big boy.  When I go in to drop him off, he gives me about 20 kisses and hugs before I leave.  He says, "mommy, just one more."  It's just about the sweetest part of my day.

2. Grayson also started karate.  Tap lessons, kinder music, and tee ball were all an epic fail.  So, since Grayson is into all things ninja these days, I figured he would love karate.  And I was right!
I mean, seriously, how cute can this kid be?
This was taken on the first day.  Boy, has he come a long way!  He is doing really well and the best part is is that he likes going.  Finally, we have stuck with something!

Even though it does this to him every time.

3. We bought a couch for $100.  Can you believe?  While antiquing in Breaux Bridge after a lovely brunch at Cafe Des Amis, we came across this cool couch, saw the price tag, and bought it on the spot. We aren't sure where exactly we will put it...we haven't even picked it up yet!  But I do love it, and so does Gray.  Can you tell?

4.  Labor Day weekend, we packed the family up and headed to Houston.  We stayed at Hotel Zaza the first night, then shacked up with Jamie's brother, who lives in the Heights.  We got to do lots of shopping and eating!  It was a wonderful, much-needed trip indeed.

The adults went out to eat one night thanks to a special Aunt Emily {Jamie's niece} who kept the kiddos.  We dined at Underbelly.  A definite if you're in the area.  Unless you're a vegetarian...there's some serious meat-eating here!

Just look at the menu...

The atmosphere was very cool.  It was casual, but the food was amazing!


5. I painted a basket.  Another idea from pinterest was to take an old boring wicker basket and spray paint it.  I love the results!

The before:

The after:
I first spray painted it gold, but it didn't "pop" enough.  So, I changed it to silver, and I think it looks great.  Thoughts?!

6. This little girl keeps me busy these days.  But I love her so!
{19 months}
She is into anything and everything.  She has even started talking.  It's so much fun to watch her grow into a little lady!  Right now she is loving an occasional pedi from mommy, Yo Gabba Gabba, mac and cheese, shoes, and mommy's make-up.  Yep, she's all girl.

7. I am also pleased to say that I have made lots of progress on the playroom.  I still have a few things to get, so I will only give you a sneak peak for now.  Remember the animal accents I was going with?  Well, I added a gallery wall and just had to have this precious deer head.  I think it adds whimsy and I love the pop of white.
I also got a "My Heart Lies Here" print, "You are my sunshine" embroidered hoop, and an antique printer's drawer, which I adore!  I am loving how it looks all together.  More pics to follow!

8. This past weekend, we took the boys to an LSU game.  It was Gray's first game, and although it rained the entire time, we all had a blast!  We were decked out in our LSU gear, ponchos and all!
We did have suite tickets, so I can't complain much.  Definitely the way to watch a football game!
To say they had fun is an understatement!

Geaux Tigers!

I can't believe it's October already.  We have lots coming up, so I promise to keep you posted.  I need to get my booty in gear for Gray's birthday party.  It's on the 13th and I haven't done one thing for it.  Eek!  I feel like such a bad mommy:(  Looks like I'll be planning a Lego Ninjago party in less than 2 weeks!  Wish me luck.

Hope you are all having a Happy Fall so far!  Bring on the football, gumbo, fires, rodeos, and Fall festivities.  

I will leave you with this ecard because it is so funny and true:)

2 comments:

  1. Love your basket and love the pictures of the kids. Sloan looks likes she's grown since I saw her two weeks ago! Can't wait to see y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the white deer head! Where did you get it? email me! tjstudy3125@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete